Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2013 20:43:52 +0100
From: Frank Dittrich <frank_dittrich@...mail.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Tabs vs. spaces

On 01/19/2013 03:40 PM, magnum wrote:
> Oh, and while I'm at it: Please try not to commit changes that just ADDS trailing trash whitespace. It's just not polite to the reviewers. Most editors can be configured to fix that too, if you just can't get rid of the tics ;-)

It should also be possible to automatically solve this with a git
pre-commit hook, see:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/591923/make-git-automatically-remove-trailing-whitespace-before-committing
http://snipplr.com/view/28523/git-precommit-hook-to-fix-trailing-whitespace/

Pre-commit hooks which prevent committing changes when there are spaces
followed by tabs at the begin of the line, etc.

May be you should test such a hooks with some other repository, before
you use it for your public github repository.

Frank