Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2013 23:20:11 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: mschapv2-bitsliced conversion- openmp support

magnum -

On Sat, Jan 19, 2013 at 05:21:45PM +0100, magnum wrote:
> I feel bad about not getting Deepika's work included in Jumbo. It's a very skilled contribution compared to to the trivial OpenSSL-powered formats that we are used to. Leaving it in limbo discourages future contributions - from her and from others.

Yes, I feel bad about this too, and I agree that not properly and timely
making use of a contribution discourages further contributions.

> Besides that, it appears to give 2x on single salt and 10x on multiple salts.
>
> I understand it's not trivial though. I am not quite sure what needs to be done to actually add it to Jumbo. Apparently it only builds using generic. Is there anything I can do, or anything we could ask Deepika to do, to help this forward?

Unfortunately, I'm still of the opinion that I'd need to work on this
myself, and it's still not at the top of my list.  However, if you see
how you can integrate the code in some temporary way, please feel free
to go ahead and do it.

Thanks,

Alexander