Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2012 02:55:48 +0200
From: Lukas Odzioba <lukas.odzioba@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: JtR TS integration to jumbo

JimF, magnum, all:

What do you thing about integration Test Suite into jumbo for example
under "make test"?
Are there any license issues?

I believe that that we do not want add huge tests into source, but
maybe we could have them on external server, and download if needed
during testing procedure.

Pros:
-better utilization of this helpful tool
-easier testing procedure -> making tests as a daily routine
-we could add to owl server service that runs TS for every commit, so
we could recognize problems as they occur
-we could "force" format authors to prepare tests (what is less
painful with no additional patching code and really needed)

Cons:
-additional code
-handling huge test files
-someone must do this :)

Are there any other problems with this idea?

Lukas