Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2012 03:04:26 +0200
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: JtR TS integration to jumbo

On 2012-06-13 02:55, Lukas Odzioba wrote:
> JimF, magnum, all:
>
> What do you thing about integration Test Suite into jumbo for example
> under "make test"?

If you install it properly (test being a sibling of src and run), "make
test" will work out of the box.

> I believe that that we do not want add huge tests into source, but
> maybe we could have them on external server, and download if needed
> during testing procedure.

> Are there any other problems with this idea?

We have actually discussed web downloading. One problem is security, we
can't have it on the wiki then. But we had some plans long ago that the
first time you "make test", it will download and install. And subsequent
test runs would run from your disk.

I think what we should do short-term is provide a single updated
tar-ball for the Test Suite. We can't do that now due to size
limitations on the wiki but that's just a matter of coordinating with Solar.

magnum