Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2012 17:23:43 -0400
From: Erik Winkler <ewinkler@...ls.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: vncpcap2john.cpp + Mac OS X

Dhiru,

Actually got it to work by modifying the code to use BSD tcp structure variables instead of Linux.  Using #define __FAVOR_BSD also allows it to compile and work in Linux as well.  Could not get it to work with #define _BSD_SOURCE on my Linux.

This code works on both MacOSX and Linux with the test pcaps from the list.  I have commented the 3 lines I changed plus the addition of the #define __FAVOR_BSD.

Sorry no diff, but since you are going to change this over to C code, I did not see the use.

Erik

>> You can then set Linux to choose the BSD format with the #define __USE_BSD and #define __FAVOR_BSD flags in the source code.

Download attachment "vncpcap2john_bsd.cpp" of type "application/octet-stream" (6821 bytes)