Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2011 16:31:17 -0600
From: "jfoug" <jfoug@....net>
To: <john-dev@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: RE: more targets using sse-intrinsics.S

I will make a thin for pix, and start on HMAC MD5.

Older revisions of raw-md5 are pretty good places to look, along with the raw-md5.c in the original intrinsics  patch.  Most of it can be done in the GETPOS macro, and require very little 'code' changes.  Md5_gen already had arrays of MMX_COEF items, since I found it was faster to load a dozen or so of them (actually, 32 or 64 for mmx_coef=2 was a good count).  Since that double dim array was already setup, it made hooking in the intrinsic code very easy to do.  It is a little slower, in loading.

The way the raw-md5 (in the intrinsics patch) did it, was to have a single array.  That array was MMX_COEF*SSE_PARA in size, and the GETPOS tied it all together.  For formats which do not have a double array, I think going back to that design, is likely the best way.

Jim.