Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2011 11:43:05 +0200
From: magnum <rawsmooth@...dband.net>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: mscash2 tag + iteration count

On 2011-06-23 15:07, JimF wrote:
> Is cache2 always 10240?  The format as it stands simply has a
> #define.   Works well, if that is the only value this will ever have.

I may be wrong but I believe it's just a registry value that can be
changed (and Microsoft may bump the default in the future).

> Also, if we do add this count, how is the end user going to figure out
> the right value to place into this?

There seem to be existing tools that print the iteration count, see
http://forum.insidepro.com/viewtopic.php?t=2204&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=19

magnum

Content of type "text/html" skipped