Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2011 13:12:05 -0500
From: "jfoug" <jfoug@....net>
To: <john-dev@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: A couple of new wiki pages added

I have added a more simple sample source page for MSCash2. In this example:
http://openwall.info/wiki/john/MSCash2_simple_code,  only MD4_Update
(Final/Init) and SHA_Update (Final/Init) primitive calls into OpenSSL are
used, so it is easier to follow along, and exposing code behind the
algorithm.  I may give a shot at some SSE optimizations, and I really needed
to know where to hook that code into the existing mscash2_fmt.c file.  I
figure, if we ONLY put SSE into the inner most for loop (the 1 to 10240
loop), and use the rest of the code to prepare the MMX_COEF interleaved
buffers, we should get 99.9% of the speed up possible, but the change should
be pretty small.

I have also started a page dealing with the john-test-suite.
http://openwall.info/wiki/john/test-suite.  This page is VERY rough right
now, really it's currently only a prototype.  But I will be adding to it,
and trying to get the test suite and pass_gen.pl completed.  There will be 2
test suites.  One for official john (john-core), and the other for
john-jumbo.  Johh-core test suite could certainly be used on a jumbo build
of john, but it will only test the 'official' formats.  The jumbo test-suite
will test those, along with as many from jumbo as we can get test hash files
for, along with jumbo will test more, such as -utf8 logic.

Jim.

Content of type "text/html" skipped