Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2011 04:30:17 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: john_register_one() calls

Jim -

In -jumbo-5, you moved john_register_one(&fmt_MD5); to be below the
md5_gen formats, with a comment explaining why you did it.  I did not
like it, but I left it at that for -jumbo-5.

However, for -jumbo-6 I am now patching this to start by:

	cnt = md5_gen_Register_formats(&pFmts);

then do the official JtR's calls:

	john_register_one(&fmt_DES);
	john_register_one(&fmt_BSDI);
	john_register_one(&fmt_MD5);
	john_register_one(&fmt_BF);
	john_register_one(&fmt_AFS);
	john_register_one(&fmt_LM);

then do jumbo's:

	john_register_one(&fmt_NT);
	john_register_one(&fmt_XSHA);
	john_register_one(&fmt_NS);
	john_register_one(&fmt_HDAA);

and finally register md5_gen:

	for (i = 0; i < cnt; ++i)
		john_register_one(&(pFmts[i]));

then register optional and new non-hashes stuff:

#ifdef HAVE_CRYPT
	john_register_one(&fmt_crypt);
#endif

#ifdef HAVE_SKEY
	john_register_one(&fmt_SKEY);
#endif

	john_register_one(&fmt_ssh);
	john_register_one(&fmt_pdf);

and finally register dummy:

	john_register_one(&fmt_dummy);

This makes slightly more sense to me, and it appears to work fine.

Do you see any problems with it?  (I guess not, but I thought I'd ask.)

Thanks,

Alexander