Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2011 21:22:29 -0500
From: "JFoug" <jfoug@....net>
To: <john-dev@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: Re: john_register_one() calls

I believe that order will work just fine.  I believe that the only thing
which is actually required IS the call to md5_gen_Register_formats().  That
will properly generate the internal array, and then the linkage code should
be able to work.    I believe this is the case, but I have not tested.  If
you have built this way, and the self test makes it all the way through, and
you can test formats like raw-md5/PHPS,PHPass by themselves (which are
thin), then it should be working just fine.