Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2015 21:18:13 -0600
From: will cunningham <willpanther@...il.com>
To: sabotage@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: AGAIN. Failed to load /lib/xorg/modules/drivers/intel_drv.so:
 Error relocating ... I810InitMC: symbol not found.

Henrique,

I couldn't get many of the X drivers to build.  If you want me to try
anything on this second Optiplex here, just tell me.

I'm gonna be off the list for a while as I poke at adding butch packages
here and getting apps already installed running with them.  It looks like
the sabotage crowd has compiled many of these but we're in the first lines
of using many of them.  After this round I'll be more up to speed on
Sabotage's internals.  Then I'm gonna figure out a patched kernel for the
PI and continue from where that left off.

Again feel free you and others on the list to ask and I'll try on this
box/poke at anything.  I'll post on the list when I have butch apps popping
or accounts of what/how I couldn't get apps working.

Happy sabateuring,

Will

On Tue, Jan 6, 2015 at 11:09 PM, Henrique Lengler <
henriqueleng@...nmailbox.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In my last sabotage build I experienced a problem in the intel module load
> on xorg startup.
> I remember to solve it. You can see here http://openwall.com/lists/
> sabotage/2014/11/17/14
>
> But how my HDD broke I needed to rebuild sabotage. And in this new build,
> I faced with this
> problem again, with a little difference in the symbol that failed. It is
> equal this one http://www.openwall.com/lists/sabotage/2014/12/28/1
>
> I'm with the PKGBUILD's all uptaded, with the change that solved the
> problem last time.
> How a lot of updates and changes on the system was made since I changed
> the driver, I think
> some thing are causing this error again.
>
> I noted that the alpine linux people (which I based myself to solve the
> problem last time), they
> updated xf86-video-intel and they no longer set the --enable-dri option
> which is the one made the problem
> stop happening last time when I added.
>
> I would like any help, while this, I will continue trying to solve.
>
> Regards,
> --
> Henrique Lengler

Content of type "text/html" skipped