Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2014 13:25:45 +0100
From: John Spencer <maillist-musl@...fooze.de>
To:  sabotage@...ts.openwall.com
CC:  sorosj@...il.com
Subject: Re: wpa_supplicant + dhclient on boot

Elmo Todurov wrote:
>> On 2014-11-22, at 22:45, John Spencer <maillist-musl@...fooze.de> wrote:
>>
>> Henrique Lengler wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>> I want my wireless connection to automatically load on boot.
>>> To mannualy set this up I first run # sv start wpa_supplicant
>>> # dhclient wlan0
>> wpa_supplicant needs a bit time to do its magic, so dhclient can only succeed after the connection is established.
>
> How hard would it be to extend wpa_supplicant to call a configured script (say dhclient) after connecting?

i spent a bit time to look at dhcpcd source and wpa supplicant
documentation and came to the conclusion that it is indeed best to just
hack the wpa_supplicant source.

the result is here:
https://github.com/sabotage-linux/sabotage/commit/59f33819beaf8c990b41955cb09b3bd9984cb6d2

would be nice if ppl could test if it works for them, or share
improvement suggestions.

--JS