Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2014 10:58:40 +0100
From: John Spencer <maillist-busybox@...fooze.de>
To:  sabotage@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Xorg: Failed to load /lib/xorg/modules/drivers/intel_drv.so:
 Error relocating...

Henrique Lengler wrote:
> I'm trying to startx, but I'm receiving this error.

> Failed to load /lib/xorg/modules/drivers/intel_drv.so: Error relocating /lib/xorg/modules/drivers/intel_drv.so: fbPutImage: symbol not found

the problem is due to xorg drivers assuming lazy-load semantics of the
dynlinker. musl's dynlinker does not support that.
as a workaround, the modules can be loaded in the correct order via the
file KEEP/20-modules.conf which is installed together with the
xorg-server package into /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/20-modules.conf

since the symbol you're missing starts with "fb" i would suspect that
it's a symbol provided by the fb driver and thus intel needs to come
after that.

     Load "int10"
     Load "vbe"
     Load "fb"
     Load "shadowfb"
     Load "shadow"
     Load "vgahw"
     Load "evdev"
     Load "fbdevhw"
+   Load "intel"

how did you tell xorg to use the intel driver ? in case you used a
custom xorg.conf or something like that, you should probably remove it
again and edit 20-modules.conf as just pointed out.

see also
http://openwall.com/lists/musl/2013/05/17/2

once you got it to work, please let use know the exact fix.

--JS