Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 15:14:41 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: popa3d-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Handling the 'DON'T DELETE THIS MESSAGE -- FOLDER INTERNAL DATA' message?

On Wed, Apr 16, 2003 at 08:43:23PM +1000, Daniel wrote:
> On 16/04/2003 at 1:40 pm Solar Designer wrote:
> >It's not hard to do in the trivial way.  However, that will add much
> >complexity to the code.  And I want to keep popa3d simple.  I view
> >this simplicity of popa3d as a very important advantage.
> >
> >The reason this will add complexity is that the message numbers in
> >mailbox and message numbers seen via POP3 will no longer match, and
> >the mapping between the two will depend on whether or not there's this
> >special message.
>
> Well, with this explanation in mind, I have to agree. Simplicity is what I want also.
>
> That's not to say it shouldn't continue to evolve.

Indeed.

> But I don't want added complexity to compromise stability or security.

In this case, it won't compromise security due to the design of
popa3d.  But it does add to the likelihood of non-security bugs.

However, the complexity I was primarily referring to is about code
readability for others.

> For now, I'll try to get around this problem without a popa3d hack if I can.

OK.  Just let me know if you still need it or another change to
popa3d or my other software.

--
/sd