Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 20:43:23 +1000
From: "Daniel" <daniel@...vatecage.com>
To: popa3d-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Handling the 'DON'T DELETE THIS MESSAGE -- FOLDER
  INTERNAL DATA' message?

On 16/04/2003 at 1:40 pm Solar Designer wrote:

>Well, if you switch to a better IMAP server, you wouldn't have this
>problem.

Note taken.

thanks.

>I am willing to do such a hack if this work is paid for, at my
>consulting rate for Openwall software ($40/hour currently).  This
>service is explained at http://www.openwall.com/services/

Note taken. I have money to burn ;-)

No, I actually don't mind paying if I need the job done.
And it benefits everyone. Reasonable rates too :-)

>It's not hard to do in the trivial way.  However, that will add much
>complexity to the code.  And I want to keep popa3d simple.  I view
>this simplicity of popa3d as a very important advantage.
>
>The reason this will add complexity is that the message numbers in
>mailbox and message numbers seen via POP3 will no longer match, and
>the mapping between the two will depend on whether or not there's this
>special message.
>
>--

Well, with this explanation in mind, I have to agree. Simplicity is what I want also.

That's not to say it shouldn't continue to evolve.

But I don't want added complexity to compromise stability or security.

For now, I'll try to get around this problem without a popa3d hack if I can.

Thanks,

hotdiggedydog