Date: Sun, 22 May 2016 13:44:24 +0200
From: Patrick Proniewski <patpro@...pro.net>
To: passwords@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: User profile based fraudulent (password) activity detection

On 19 mai 2016, at 22:43, Per Thorsheim wrote:

> Biometrics has behavioral biometrics (HOW you type, speak, move etc),
> credit card companies and banks uses algorithms and behavioral profiles
> to search for fraud. (At least they do over here...)
>
> Any ideas, products or services out there to build profiles of user
> logons (IP, geo-location, time/day/date) etc to detect suspicious
> activity? Did I just give away a business idea here? (I want to be
> credited, and a free lifetime license!)

I've found SecureAuth's adaptive authentication that could do the trick:

https://www.secureauth.com/IdP/Authentication-Security/Adaptive-Authentication.aspx

If I understand correctly, it allows you to use simple authentication as long as nothing unusual is detected, and triggers second factor auth is something does not match you profile. It's based on multiple layers: geoloc, behavior biometry, etc.
I don't know yet if it's an on premises product or a cloud based SSaS.

pat