Date: Fri, 20 May 2016 12:55:46 +0200
From: patpro@...pro.net
To: passwords@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: User profile based fraudulent (password) activity detection

Hello,

On 19 mai 2016, at 22:43, Per Thorsheim <per@...rsheim.net> wrote:

> Any ideas, products or services out there to build profiles of user
> logons (IP, geo-location, time/day/date) etc to detect suspicious
> activity? Did I just give away a business idea here? (I want to be
> credited, and a free lifetime license!)

Any idea will probably be interesting, but what I would really want for this type of technology is:

- on premises: i don't want my "behavioral" data to be externalized to and privatized by some external entity. If I register an account on example.com, I don't want all my "behavioral" data related to example.com to land on some other cloud (Google, MS, Apple, you name it);
- high level of interoperability: don't try to sell me something that works only on AD, or only with Foo or Bar.

cheers,
pat