Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2014 06:31:33 +0400
From: "(GalaxyMaster)" <galaxy@...nwall.com>
To: owl-users@...ts.openwall.com
Cc: dalias@...ifal.cx
Subject: Re: gcc-related bug?

On Sat, Feb 01, 2014 at 02:56:17PM +0400, croco@...nwall.com wrote:
> Actually speaking, I believe there should be something related to the
> version or a particular build of gcc which is in Owl, but I've got no

Try to turn stack-protector off (remove -fstack-protector from your
CFLAGS).  IIUC, our gcc can't use this feature yet.

> experience with packing it and, hence, no idea of what could went wrong.
> Anyone from Openwall to have any ideas?  And, specially, could it be true
> that Ruby was never tried under Owl before?

Well, we did not build ruby with this GCC yet, but we were building it
with the previous one for some time.  Also, I'm currently testing an
updated version of GCC with Owl and once the whole Owl rebuilds
successfully (both x86/x86_64) it's likely that I'll commit the updated
package.

--
(GM)