Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 16:26:42 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: owl-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: RPM Issue

We have included a workaround for this Owl upgrade issue into our latest
build of RPM (4.2-owl22).  When a pre-NPTL Owl system is upgraded, the
/var/lib/rpm/__db.00? files will get removed automatically, thereby
preventing the problem.  This automatic removal only happens once, when
going from a pre-NPTL to a with-NPTL build of RPM (e.g., when upgrading
Owl 2.0-stable to Owl-current - or to our upcoming release).

Simon - thank you for testing Owl-current and for reporting the issue!