Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2005 15:53:51 +0200
From: Stanislav <owl@...e.org>
To: owl-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: ldap / pam / tcb / popa3d / maildir

Dear Openwall User,

i am trying to setting up a mail server with owl stable as base
system. First my experiences,

- postfix setup with Maildir support works fine.

- recompile glibc to include nscd and attach an init script.

So far, all went OK. My users are all on a directory server. For
that i build openldap and nss/pam stuff for ldap.

- postfix works now fine with that ldap users. (i recompiled
 for alias queries to ldap, not necessary for ldap users)

 $ getent passwd/groups

shows me that what i want to see.

Now my interferences:

Doing an 'su' to a ldap user works of course for root but showing:

 Account management:- Insufficient credentials
 to access authentication data

My primary focus is popa3d and not suing. For that i didn't
try to customize pam.d/su for ldap users (cause i also think its
to entangled with tcb) but i compiled popa3d with Maildir support
and

#define AUTH_SHADOW                   1
#define AUTH_PAM_USERPASS             0
#define USE_LIBPAM_USERPASS           0
#undef MAIL_SPOOL_PATH
#define HOME_MAILBOX_NAME             "Maildir"

for local users this works but not for my ldap users.

syslog: "Oct  4 14:19:39 reserved6 popa3d[.]:
         Authentication failed for ldapuser"

My nsswitch looks like:

 passwd: files ldap
 shadow: tcb ldap
 group:  files ldap

I tried a couple different configuration of pop3ad
but no one works. I have no more ideas. What do you say ?

Many thanks in advance,

Stanislav