Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 13:33:24 +0000
From: Krzysztof Sniadoch <krzysiek@...urenet.pl>
To: owl <owl-users@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: OWL installer

Hi,

Here you have some kind of owl-installer that is very useful for me (I
have used it many times and it works great) and I hope it will be in the
same way useful for owl-users :-)
To write this soft I have used some code and ideas from slackware
installer and current Openwall's 'make installworld && make setup'
In fact this is the core of the owl-installer, I only added some
features and connected this all in one piece :)
Ok, the fastest way to check this out:

Boot your machine from OWL current 2004-04-18, and then:

1. # ifconfig ...
2. # route add default gw ...
3. # cd /root
4. # links 80.53.183.138/pub/owl-installer.tar.gz
5. # tar zxf owl-installer.tar.gz
6. # cd owl-installer  /* `pwd` should be /root/owl-installer */
7. # ./setup.sh
8. choose AUTOMATIC option which lead you in the easy way, step by step
through whole installation process :)
9. # reboot /* and enjoy your new owl distribution ;-) */

Note:
AUTOMATIC option isn't necessary to install OWL, you can do every
installation step manually by choosing it from the menu, but the said
AUTOMATIC is most comfortable and fastest :-)

After installation, you still can change your settings by choosing
appropriate option. The bad settings will be overwritten.

If you choose to manually build the kernel and forget to compile in some
important drivers (eg. your SCSI driver when you're using SCSI ^_^), you
can freely install lilo (BOOT option). By default it will create 2
entries (one it's your compiled kernel and second is the default
workable CD kernel)

So, what to say more ...
I hope you enjoy it :]

--
Krzysztof Sniadoch <krzysiek@...urenet.pl>
http://www.securenet.pl - "... to be more secure"

Download attachment "signature.asc" of type "application/pgp-signature" (190 bytes)