Date: Wed, 03 Nov 2004 13:41:08 +0100
From: Andreas Ericsson <ae@....se>
To: owl-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Owl-current moved to glibc 2.3.x

Solar Designer wrote:

> Note that there's no updated ISO image yet.  We will generate one once
> Owl-current stabilizes a little after this big update.  Yes, as I have
> mentioned, some known problems do exist, as well as definitely many
> not yet known ones.  Those who want stability are advised to stay with
> Owl 1.1-stable until we approach a new release.

The previous versions of current (prior to "The Big Update") has been
very stable on about 80 production critical servers for us. How about
naming the 'current' prior to "The Big Update" Owl 1.2-stable (or 1.1.1
stable or whatever), and bump the release number for Owl-current to
"Owl-1.3_beta" or something similar.

Optionally, put the 1.1 binary compatible updates in 1.1_updates and
stick with current for everything new, including the biggies, before
bumping the release for that one.

--
Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson@....se
Lead Developer