Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 17:36:21 +0100 (BST)
From: Simon B <simonb@...zo.org>
To: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
cc: owl-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Sparc Port

On Thu, 29 May 2003, Solar Designer wrote:

SD! Hi Simon,
SD!
SD! I assume, you wanted to post this to owl-users (but mistyped the list
SD! address as @owl instead of @lists), so I'll reply CC'ing the list.

I *wondered* where my mail had gone ;-)
Thanks.

SD! On Thu, May 29, 2003 at 10:57:54AM +0100, Simon B wrote:
SD! > Does anyone have a bootable ISO image for the Sparc port, or is it a
SD! > DIY job?
SD!
SD! Neither.  It's a piece of work on Owl that is waiting for a volunteer
SD! to be completed.  This has been once discussed on owl-devel and Pedro
SD! Inacio wanted to do it, but I don't think he ever did.
SD!
SD! This work involves certain updates to the owl-cdrom package and more.
SD!
SD! It is possible that I will just do it myself eventually, but so far I
SD! have too many higher priority things to do and those I definitely can't
SD! delegate to someone else.  So I leave this one for others.

Yes.  I'm having some success using a Suse CDROM, installing a base system
on what will be /home and chrooting my way thru a make installworld.  It's
working so far, even if my little SS10 is *still* building a kernel...

Thanks for the info.  If I find an easier way to do it I'll be sure to let
people know.  I'm not confident I could invent a magic installer, which
would be the best solution ;-)

One day I'll stop looking for boxes to Owl'ise round here......

Regards,
S.