Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 20:03:30 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: Janusz <januz@....uni.torun.pl>, owl-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: tftp -- suggestion please

On Mon, Jul 29, 2002 at 12:42:12PM +0200, Janusz wrote:

Hi,

Sorry, I didn't get around to replying, and I guess most other list
members (129 currently) didn't have much to suggest you as well.

> just wan't to tell that finally (?) I decided to hire atftpd.
> The main reason is, it is able to hold _many_ simultaneous connection
> without special difficulties. That's very useful in my case (labs for
> students, where all the PCs are booting almost at the same time).
>
> Unfortunately, I'm not able to run it controlled by supervise.
> It has some trouble with --no-fork option.

Why do you avoid *inetd's by so much?  I personally would probably
just hack the old tftpd to properly drop privileges and run it off
xinetd (even though it's something I hope we'll replace eventually).

--
/sd