Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2002 12:42:25 +0200
From: "Radek Michalski" <radek@...yki.eu.org>
To: <owl-users@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: Perl CPAN module - little suggestion

Hi!

I found that when using perl CPAN archive ftp program is called with -n
parameter that isn't recognized by lcftp. If You want to use CPAN on Owl,
please make the following changes in /usr/lib/perl5/5.6.0/CPAN.pm file.I can
include here CPAN.pm file, but it has 147kB, so the (very small) changes I
made are:
1) line 2363 (cosmetic): {'ftp'}$verbose -n"\n} goes to {'ftp'}$verbose"\n}
2) line 2372 : {'ftp'}$verbose -n", @dialog goes to: {'ftp'}$verbose ",
@dialog

Now it works fine.

Greetings