Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2015 20:02:20 +0300
Subject: Re: Re: [owl-users] Owl 3.1-stable

On Sun, Jan 11, 2015 at 07:48:53PM +0300, wrote:
> On 2015-01-11 19:00:17 +0300, wrote:
>  >> That's why I've introduced the ability to override the
>  >> configuration with a /etc/rc.d/ script in recently
>  >> published owl-startup package
>  > Such ability is good for people who prefer to do everything
>  > manually.
> The primary reason for doing that was the need to build more
> complex configurations than a single ethernet link.

Well, it is possible to have as many interfaces as you want without the
need of overriding the Owl default networking startup; furthermore, 'setup'
and 'settle' are able to configure as many interfaces as you wish, both
physical cards and aliases.  I recall several years ago Solar was impressed
that, after he started (remotely) a new machine, configured two ethernets,
and the 'settle' picked the configuration of them both when the time came.

However, I perfectly understand you: more automation always means less