Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2012 20:04:36 +0400
From: "(GalaxyMaster)" <>
Subject: m4 build errors

Just wanted to share with you my observation.  I didn't build Owl from
sources for quite some time, but during the recent build I've
encountered the following issue when I was building the m4 package:
checking whether <wchar.h> uses 'inline' correctly... no
configure: error: <wchar.h> cannot be used with this compiler (gcc -std=gnu99 -pipe -march=na
tive -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -mpreferred-stack-boundary=2 -Wall ).
This is a known interoperability problem of glibc <= 2.5 with gcc >= 4.3 in
C99 mode. You have four options:
  - Add the flag -fgnu89-inline to CC and reconfigure, or
  - Fix your include files, using parts of
69a621>, or
  - Use a gcc version older than 4.3, or
  - Don't use the flags -std=c99 or -std=gnu99.
Configuration aborted.

So, I'm wondering does it mean that currently our Owl-current is not rebuildable?

P.S. personally, I went with the first proposed workaround for my build of m4.