Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2012 00:56:05 +0400
From: Vasily Kulikov <segoon@...nwall.com>
To: owl-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Cc: Eugene Teo <eugeneteo@...il.com>, Petr Matousek <pmatouse@...hat.com>
Subject: segoon's weekly report #1

Hi,

The subject of my GSoC work is "Hardening RHEL6/OpenVZ kernel".
During this summer I'll (back)port different security features from
mainline kernel, PaX kernel, Owl 2.0 kernel to RHEL6-based OpenVZ
kernel, which will be used in Owl-current and in Owl 4.0.  Also, I'll
upgrade the kernel in Owl-current and will do appropriate userspace
changes.  I'll rate and try to push some features which are accepted in
the mainline kernel (or will be likely accepted in the near future) into
the official RHEL6 kernel.

Accomplishments:
- Did some university stuff.

Priorities:
- Rate and classify security enhancements from different kernels and
  kernel patches.
- Classify and sort patches from the usefulness for Owl and RHEL6 point
  of view.

--
Vasily