Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2011 10:43:44 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: owl-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: mpc, gmp, mpfr, gcc .specs

Vasiliy,

Is there any special reason why you've packaged slightly outdated
versions of gmp (4.3.2 instead of 5.x) and mpfr (3.0.1 instead of 3.1.0)?

Do you feel we have to use those older versions for RHEL6 binary
compatibility?  While this might be true for gmp (major version number
change), I doubt that this is the case for mpfr.  In general, we should
try to use the latest versions and only use older versions if we really
have to.

Thanks,

Alexander