Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2011 19:15:09 +0400
From: Vasiliy Kulikov <segoon@...nwall.com>
To: owl-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: gcc 4.6.1

Solar,

On Thu, Sep 08, 2011 at 16:31 +0400, Solar Designer wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 08, 2011 at 03:26:56PM +0400, Vasiliy Kulikov wrote:
> > I've reached approx. the point Georgi has stopped.  I have packaged the
> > basic gcc (c and c++) and the dependencies (mpfr, mpc, gpm).
>
> Oh, I thought you'd ask me for a copy of Georgi's stuff first.  But I
> think you haven't spent much time on this anyway.

I didn't spent much time on the things Georgi already did.  I did some
cleanups like getting a conformance with CONVENTIONS, studying possible
configuration options, etc.

> > Btw, there are numerous "var may be used uninitialized", "wrong format
> > string", "unused variable" and even "operation on var is undefined".
> > I'll fix them as far as I work on the specific package.
>
> Sounds fine, but please don't spend much time fixing these in packages
> that we intend to upgrade to newer versions before Owl 4.0 anyway.

The list of currently failing packages is (the same as Georgi has
posted):

cpio
elfutils-libelf
flex
glibc
kernel
libtool
mdadm
perl
shadow-utils
util-linux
vim

Are we planning to update anything from this list?  glibc should be
fixed for 3.0, so we'll need to take care of them despite future
updates.

Thanks,

--
Vasiliy