Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2011 16:54:02 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: owl-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: gcc 4.6.1

On Thu, Sep 08, 2011 at 02:46:34PM +0200, Daniel Cegie?ka wrote:
> What version of glibc you plan to use?

2.14 or whatever latest release at the time Vasiliy gets to update our
glibc package.

It'd be nice if Vasiliy manages to get the gcc update in first, without
updating glibc yet - just as a development milestone.  But if this turns
out to be difficult, then updating gcc and glibc at once is acceptable.

> I have gentoo with owl patches
> and many diffs I use with glibc-2.12. I have a problem with compiling
> sanitize-env.diff (glibc-2.12 and gcc-4.6.1). And there is a problem
> with perl-5.8.8 compilation with glibc-2.14 and gcc-4.6.1... perl-5.10
> works ok.

Feel free to share these patches for Vasiliy's review/consideration.

Newer sanitize-env stuff should probably be taken out of ALT Linux's git
repository.  Dmitry already forward-ported it, so why do it again.

Thanks,

Alexander