Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2017 19:24:09 +0800
From: redrain root <rootredrain@...il.com>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: CVE-2017-8291 ghostscript remote code execution

nope~
I know this issue is a type confusion similar to your initialized dsc
parser
for example
The last previous vulnerability code exists in the
zinitialize_dsc_parser(). The method gets the memory data using
dict_memory() and treats it as an object to call its gs_alloc_struct()
method.
in the Evince code execution demo,  uses ghostscript (libgs.so) as the .ps
file processor
and another demo attack imagick is the shell command injection vuln.

and CVE-2017-8291 is a part of my exploit last year it also affect some
programs use ghostscript
that's why I use Evince as the example.

Regards,
redrain