Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2016 09:49:37 +0200
From: Sebastian Krahmer <>
Subject: CVE-Request for brltty auth bypass

brltty is using polkit to control access to system ressources
("Write to the braille display").
It is doing so by using the PID of the process connecting
to the server socket. This is racy. The unix polkit subject
is deprecated, but if its used, the UID should be specified
as well, so it doesnt get looked up in /proc.

I already contacted upstream (Cc) but so far no response.
You can find my (untested) proposed patch at:

Its probably not the worst issue, but should be fixed

~ perl
~ $_='print"\$_=\47$_\47;eval"';eval
~ - SuSE Security Team