Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2015 15:56:52 +0300
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: CVE request-HUAWEI P8 GRA-UL00

On Mon, Nov 16, 2015 at 02:56:41AM +0000, ?????? wrote:
> Code below will lead P8 restart :

As a moderator, I reluctantly approved this, but I could not confirm
that the phone's software in question (a modified Linux kernel? or a
kernel module?) is Open Source.  If it is not, then this is off-topic
for oss-security.  Google web search for hi6402dbg did not find
anything, suggesting the code in question has not been published.

A maybe-relevant detail is that if this is a Linux kernel patch, then
the code must be made public per the GPL.  It is unclear whether this
makes the vulnerability detail on-topic for oss-security or not yet
(maybe not until the code is actually published).  I think it's the
first time an issue like this (in code that is meant to be published,
but is not yet) is brought up in here (although I might have missed
other examples - e.g., maybe the joke postings about a North Korean
Linux distro would also fall under this category).

Alexander