Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2015 00:27:44 -0500
From: Brad Knowles <>
Cc: Brad Knowles <>,
 Seth Arnold <>
Subject: Re: Prime example of a can of worms

On Oct 19, 2015, at 11:16 PM, Kurt Seifried <> wrote:

> #!/bin/bash
> for i in `seq 1 100`;
> do
>    openssl dhparam 2048 -text >> $i
> done
> will generate 100 2048 bit primes. If you can ideally simply commit the
> files to the following github repo:

PR filed to update code to generate 4096-bit primes as well.

I’m wondering if we might be able to take advantage of a larger-scale effort in this area, by using something akin to the @Home methods, but maybe generating large numbers of primes using a custom public AMI and some CloudFormation scripts?

Brad Knowles <>
LinkedIn Profile: <>

Download attachment "signature.asc" of type "application/pgp-signature" (833 bytes)