Date: Tue, 04 Aug 2015 22:56:12 +0000
From: Jason Buberel <>
To: Florian Weimer <>
	"" <>
Subject: Re: CVE Request - Go net/http library - HTTP smuggling

We believe that this is a potentially exploitable issue.  We would like a
CVE-ID in order to release a 1.4.3 build that has the fixes applied to the
current stable release (1.4.2) for linux distro coordination.

Commits have been made to the Go master branch to fix the problem:

Additional background on the exploit, as provided by the reporter:

net/http problems

* Double Content-length headers in a request does not generate a 400 error,
the second Content-length is ignored
* Invalid headers are parsed as valid headers (like "Content Length:" with a
space in the middle)

In a situation where the net/http agent HTTP communication with the final
http clients is using some reverse proxy (reverse proxy cache, SSL
terminators, etc), some requests can be made exploiting the net/http HTTP
protocol violations.

The goal of theses requests will be either:
 * to bypass security controls on theses previous elements
 * to perform some cache poisoning on these elements
 * to alter the request/response map on these previous elements (for DOS),
see for example this apache 2.4 issue: