Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2014 10:49:03 +0100
From: Florian Weimer <fweimer@...hat.com>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Over-embargoing

At the Debian Security Team meeting
<https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2014/03/msg00004.html>,
the topic over-embargoing at Red Hat was touched briefly.

During the past year or two, we initiated quite a few embargoes for
mostly uninteresting bugs (denial of service, huge inputs required,
obscure software or configuration).  We did this mainly out of courtesy
for others, but we recognize the overhead an embargo causes.  In
retrospect, I'm not sure if we always made the right choice.  What do
you think?