Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2013 13:33:12 -0600
From: Kurt Seifried <kseifried@...hat.com>
To: Open Source Security <oss-security@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: Re: OS command injection vulnerability in Chicken
 Scheme

On 04/21/2013 01:11 PM, Peter Bex wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'd like to request a CVE identifier for a bug in Chicken Scheme
> which allows a malicious user to cause shell command execution
> through injection of a pipe symbol and possibly other shell meta
> characters.
>
> This bug is present in all versions of CHICKEN.  It will be fixed
> in 4.8.3 and 4.8.2 as per commit
> 58684f69572453acc6fed7326fa9df39be98760e. Version 4.9.0 will likely
> be the first stable release to include this fix, unless it is
> decided to backport this fix to the stability release.
>
> The full announcement is here:
> http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/chicken-announce/2013-04/msg00000.html

Please

use CVE-2013-2024 for this issue.

> By the way, I'm confused as to why the CVEs I've requested so far
> don't show up in NVD.  For example,
> http://web.nvd.nist.gov/view/vuln/detail?vulnId=CVE-2012-6122 says
> the CVE does not exist, but Kurt assigned it in February:
> http://www.openwall.com/lists/oss-security/2013/02/08/2
>
> The other CVE numbers in that mail produce a "not found" page as
> well and an NVD database search for "chicken" turns up nothing
> related to Chicken Scheme.  The page says the database was last
> updated April 19th 2013, so that's not the cause either.

Because Mitre has a large backlog of CVE's to research and write up.
Submitting researched/written entries to them will probably result in
your entries being posted faster. Try to remember that CVE pushed
thousands of these a year, the volume is considerable.

> Cheers, Peter Bex

Apologies for the late reply

- --
Kurt Seifried Red Hat Security Response Team (SRT)
PGP: 0x5E267993 A90B F995 7350 148F 66BF 7554 160D 4553 5E26 7993