Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2012 14:08:21 +0300
From: Henri Salo <henri@...v.fi>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Stripe Capture the Flag

On Fri, Aug 24, 2012 at 08:29:10AM +0200, Filip Palian wrote:
> As you have pointed out, most CTFs are Open Source related and
> definietly focus on security. This is exacly what the name of the list
> is. As many may think, it's not cve-designation list only (obviously I
> may be wrong about that).

You are correct. This list isn't and shouldn't be in the future only about CVE-requests, but in my opinion one of the best sources to get CVE-identifiers for open source software vulnerabilities thanks to guys like Kurt. In my opinion well planned CTFs are welcome to list as long as it does not go to product marketing and similar activities.

- Henri Salo
ps. have a nice weekend and stay safe