Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2012 10:30:52 -0600
From: Greg Knaddison <greg.knaddison@...uia.com>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: CVE's for Drupal Contrib 2012 001 through 057 (67
 new CVE assignments)

Hello Kurt,

These are all now updated. If someone is able to confirm I matched them all
up properly I would appreciate it.

We publish contributed module SAs on Wednesdays. Would it be helpful for
future assignments to send a request at the end of the day? As discussed
previously, it's not currently feasible to ask in advance for CVEs because
coordination with the contributed module maintainers is not reliable enough
to be done inside the embargo window.

I had a few questions/comments as I updated these - inline below:

"NO CVE","SA-CONTRIB-2012-050","CDN2 Video -
> Unsupported","https://drupal.org/node/1506542"

While the backend service and module are no longer active, there are 70
sites using this module who are vulnerable to CSRF/XSS. What is the reason
not to give it a CVE?

> "NO CVE","SA-CONTRIB-2012-056","Janrain Engage - Sensitive Data
> Protection Vulnerability","https://drupal.org/node/1515282"

We debated a bit about this one and whether to make it an SA or not. In the
end we decided that if a module were persisting the password in plain text
that would deserve an SA so this one (persisting a login token in plain
text) should also get an SA. Do you have any guidance on how you think we
should have handled it?

If you have any further suggestions on how we can improve the content or
formatting of the SAs please let me know.

Thanks,
Greg

--
Director Security Services | +1-720-310-5623
Skype: greg.knaddison | http://twitter.com/greggles | http://acquia.com