Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2011 17:18:33 -0700
From: Kurt Seifried <kseifried@...hat.com>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
CC: Moritz Mühlenhoff <jmm@...til.org>
Subject: Re: CVE request: simplesamlphp / Typo3

On 12/23/2011 02:58 PM, Moritz Mühlenhoff wrote:
> AFAICS all the other Typo3 issues from 2011 have IDs assiged:
> TYPO3-CORE-SA-2011-004: CVE-2011-4614
> TYPO3-CORE-SA-2011-003: CVE-2011-3584
> TYPO3-CORE-SA-2011-002: CVE-2011-3583
>
> Cheers,
>         Moritz
Good =) I assumed if no 001, then nothing later, plus they are all
reserved (where/how did they get assigned?). Odd. Anyways here at the CVE's:

http://typo3.org/teams/security/security-bulletins/typo3-core/typo3-core-sa-2011-001/

Vulnerable subcomponent #1: Frontend
Vulnerability Type: Cross-Site Scripting
Severity: High
Suggested CVSS v2.0: AV:N/AC:M/Au:N/C:N/I:P/A:N/E:U/RL:OF/RC:C (What's
that?)
Problem Description: Failing to properly sanitize URL parameters the
"JSwindow" property of the typolink function is susceptible to
Cross-Site Scripting. The problem does not exist if the third party
extension "realurl" is used and it's configuration parameter
"doNotRawUrlEncodeParameterNames" is set to FALSE (default).
Solution: Update to the TYPO3 versions 4.3.12, 4.4.9 or 4.5.4 that fix
the problem described.
Credits: Credits go to Marco Bresch who discovered and reported the issue.

CVE-2011-4626

Vulnerable subcomponent #2: Backend
Vulnerability Type: Information Disclosure
Severity: Low
Suggested CVSS v2.0: AV:N/AC:M/Au:N/C:P/I:N/A:N/E:U/RL:OF/RC:C (What's
that?)
Problem Description: For authentication attempts with wrong credentials,
TYPO3 sends different HTTP-Headers depending if provided username or
provided password is wrong.
Solution: Update to the TYPO3 versions 4.3.12, 4.4.9 or 4.5.4 that fix
the problem described.
Credits: Credits go to Sebastian Schinzel who discovered and reported
the issue.

CVE-2011-4627

Vulnerability Type: Authentication Delay Bypass
Severity: Low
Suggested CVSS v2.0: AV:N/AC:M/Au:N/C:P/I:N/A:N/E:U/RL:OF/RC:C (What's
that?)
Problem Description: The TYPO3 Backend login has a delay for
authentication attempts with wrong credentials. By using a crafted
request, an attacker is able to bypass the madantory delay in such cases.
Solution: Update to the TYPO3 versions 4.3.12, 4.4.9 or 4.5.4 that fix
the problem described.
Credits: Credits go to Sebastian Schinzel who discovered and reported
the issue.

CVE-2011-4628

Vulnerability Type: Cross-Site Scripting
Severity: Medium
Suggested CVSS v2.0: AV:N/AC:L/Au:S/C:N/I:P/A:N/E:U/RL:OF/RC:C (What's
that?)
Problem Description: Failing to properly sanitize an username the admin
panel is susceptible to Cross-Site Scripting.
Solution: Update to the TYPO3 versions 4.3.12, 4.4.9 or 4.5.4 that fix
the problem described.
Credits: Credits go to TYPO3 Security Team member Georg Ringer who
discovered and reported the issue.

CVE-2011-4629

Vulnerability Type: Cross-Site Scripting
Severity: Medium
Suggested CVSS v2.0: AV:N/AC:H/Au:S/C:P/I:P/A:N/E:U/RL:OF/RC:C (What's
that?)
Problem Description: Failing to properly sanitize a content element's
link attribute the browse_links wizard is susceptible to Cross-Site
Scripting. Exploiting requires an attacker to prepare a content element
and trick its victim to open the browse_links wizard for this record.
Solution: Update to the TYPO3 versions 4.3.12, 4.4.9 or 4.5.4 that fix
the problem described.
Credits: Credits go to TYPO3 Security Team member Georg Ringer who
discovered and reported the issue.

CVE-2011-4630

Vulnerability Type: Cross-Site Scripting
Severity: Medium
Suggested CVSS v2.0: AV:N/AC:H/Au:S/C:P/I:P/A:N/E:U/RL:OF/RC:C (What's
that?)
Problem Description: Failing to properly sanitize a page title the
system extension recycler is susceptible to Cross-Site Scripting.
Exploiting requires an attacker to prepare a page and deleted page and
trick its victim to visit the recycler.
Solution: Update to the TYPO3 versions 4.3.12, 4.4.9 or 4.5.4 that fix
the problem described.
Credits: Credits go to TYPO3 Core Team member Steffen Gebert who
discovered and reported the issue.

CVE-2011-4631

Vulnerability Type: Cross-Site Scripting
Severity: Medium
Suggested CVSS v2.0: AV:N/AC:H/Au:S/C:P/I:P/A:N/E:U/RL:OF/RC:C (What's
that?)
Problem Description: Failing to properly sanitize a page title the
tcemain flash message is susceptible to Cross-Site Scripting. Exploiting
requires an attacker to prepare a page and trick its victim to copy/move
the prepared page.
Solution: Update to the TYPO3 versions 4.3.12, 4.4.9 or 4.5.4 that fix
the problem described.
Credits: Credits go to TYPO3 Security Team member Georg Ringer who
discovered and reported the issue.

CVE-2011-4632

Vulnerability Type: Information Disclosure
Severity: Medium
Suggested CVSS v2.0: AV:N/AC:L/Au:S/C:P/I:N/A:N/E:U/RL:OF/RC:C (What's
that?)
Problem Description: A TYPO3 Backend user (editor) is able to see
workspace changes of records in any languages - even for those he hasn't
got granted access to.
Solution: Update to the TYPO3 versions 4.5.4 that fix the problem described.
Credits: Credits go to TYPO3 Workspaces Team member Michael Klapperer
who discovered and reported the issue.

CVE-2011-4900

Vulnerability Type: Information Disclosure
Severity: High
Suggested CVSS v2.0: AV:N/AC:L/Au:S/C:C/I:P/A:N/E:U/RL:OF/RC:C (What's
that?)
Problem Description: Using "getText" feature on headlines of content
elements it is possible to retrieve arbitrary data from TYPO3 database.
The vulnerability results from an insecure configuration in
css_styled_content system extension.
Solution: Update to the TYPO3 versions 4.3.12, 4.4.9 or 4.5.4 that fix
the problem described.
Important Note: Having an adjusted fontTag property in the provided
TypoScript (e.g. lib.stdheader.10.1.fontTag) or depending on headlines
passed through fontTag might result in unexpected rendering results.
Headline rendering is now handled through dataWrap (e.g.
lib.stdheader.10.1.dataWrap). Make sure to check your TypoScript before
the update and check the wesite rendering after it!
Credits: Credits go to Mads Chr. Olesen who discovered and reported the
issue.

CVE-2011-4901

Vulnerability Type: Unserialize() vulnerability
Severity: High
Suggested CVSS v2.0: AV:N/AC:M/Au:S/C:P/I:C/A:N/E:U/RL:OF/RC:C (What's
that?)
Problem Description: Special user input of BE editors is treated as
serialized data and is deserialized by TYPO3. This allows BE editors to
delete any arbitrary file the webserver has access to.
Solution: Update to the TYPO3 versions 4.3.12, 4.4.9 or 4.5.4 that fix
the problem described.
Credits: Credits go to TYPO3 Security Team member Marcus Krause who
discovered and reported the issue.

CVE-2011-4902

Vulnerable subcomponent #3: Exposed API
Vulnerability Type: Cross-Site Scripting
Severity: Medium
Suggested CVSS v2.0: AV:N/AC:M/Au:N/C:P/I:P/A:N/E:U/RL:OF/RC:C (What's
that?)
Problem Description: The RemoveXSS function fails to sanitize an attack
vector that works in Internet Explorer version 6.
Solution: Update to the TYPO3 versions 4.3.12, 4.4.9 or 4.5.4 that fix
the problem described.
Credits: Credits go to Vladimir Podkovanov who discovered and reported
the issue.

CVE-2011-4903

Vulnerability Type: Missing Access Control
Severity: High
Suggested CVSS v2.0: AV:N/AC:M/Au:S/C:P/I:P/A:N/E:U/RL:OF/RC:C (What's
that?)
Problem Description: ExtDirect endpoints are not associated with TYPO3
backend modules and such TYPO3 access control is not applied on
ExtDirect calls. This allows arbitrary BE users to consume any available
ExtDirect endpoint service.
Solution: Update to the TYPO3 versions 4.4.9 or 4.5.4 that fix the
problem described.
Note: From now on ExtDirect components need to be registered through
t3lib_extMgm::registerExtDirectComponent() function call.
Credits: Credits go to TYPO3 Security Team member Helmut Hummel who
discovered and reported the issue.

CVE-2011-4904

--

-Kurt Seifried / Red Hat Security Response Team