Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2011 16:00:48 -0500
From: Jamie Strandboge <jamie@...onical.com>
To: Craig Barratt <cbarratt@...rs.sourceforge.net>, coley@...us.mitre.org,
	oss-security <oss-security@...ts.openwall.com>
Cc: security@...ntu.com
Subject: CVE Request: Security issue in backuppc

Hi Craig,

While preparing updates to fix CVE-2011-3361 in Ubuntu I discovered
another XSS vulnerability in View.pm when accessing the following URLs
in backuppc:
index.cgi?action=view&type=XferLOG&num=<XSS here>&host=<some host>
index.cgi?action=view&type=XferErr&num=<XSS here>&host=<some host>

You are being emailed as the upstream contact. Please keep
oss-security@...ts.openwall.com[1] CC'd for any updates on this issue.

To oss-security, can I have a CVE for this? It is essentially the same
vulnerability and fix as for CVE-2011-3361, but in CGI/View.pm instead
of CGI/Browse.pm. Attached is a patch to fix this issue. Tested on
3.0.0, 3.1.0, 3.2.0 and 3.2.1.

--
Jamie Strandboge             | http://www.canonical.com

View attachment "view.diff" of type "text/x-patch" (410 bytes)

Download attachment "signature.asc" of type "application/pgp-signature" (837 bytes)