Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 12:19:57 +0200
From: dfncert@...-cert.de
To: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
Cc: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com, dfncert@...-cert.de
Subject: Re: CVE request: vulnerability in FreeRADIUS (OCSP)

On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 02:37:46AM +0400, Solar Designer wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 12:06:15AM +0200, Stefan Behte wrote:
> > Then posting it to the new vendor-sec (linux-distros@...openwall.org)
> > sounds like the right thing to do.
>
> This is not exactly the new vendor-sec.  As the name suggests, it is a
> Linux distros only list.  Also, please note that the maximum acceptable

We meant to say that we are willing to provide it to all distributions
which provide packages for FreeRadius, not only Linux vendors. Sorry.

> distros list without prior discussion on oss-security, I would bring
> this up and suggest that we contact *BSD's at least.  Since this is
> already on oss-security, I assume that interested *BSD's and others may

We will contact the NetBSD/FreeBSD/OpenBSD security teams about the issue.

Thanks for the information.

Are the published information sufficient to get a CVE number for the issue?

p.s.
Please include us in CC since we are not subscribed on the list.

--
DFN-CERT Services GmbH, https://www.dfn-cert.de/, Phone +49 40 808077-555
Sitz/Register: Hamburg,  AG Hamburg,  HRB 88805,  Ust-IdNr.: DE 232129737