Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2011 09:56:23 -0600
From: Vincent Danen <vdanen@...hat.com>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Cc: magnum <rawsmooth@...dband.net>, Pierre Joye <pierre.php@...il.com>
Subject: Re: CVE request: crypt_blowfish 8-bit character
 mishandling

* [2011-06-20 09:01:11 +0400] Solar Designer wrote:

[...]
>As to what's affected besides crypt_blowfish itself, I expect it to be
>PHP (the code in php-5.3.7RC1 looks affected), Linux distros that use
>crypt_blowfish (Owl, ALT Linux, SUSE), and some others (I'll try to
>identify them and notify the maintainers).

PostgreSQL is affected as well (the pgcrypto module):

% head crypt-blowfish.c
/*
  * $PostgreSQL: pgsql/contrib/pgcrypto/crypt-blowfish.c,v 1.14 2009/06/11 14:48:52 momjian Exp $
  *
  * This code comes from John the Ripper password cracker, with reentrant
  * and crypt(3) interfaces added, but optimizations specific to password
  * cracking removed.

php-suhosin also contains the same code.

--
Vincent Danen / Red Hat Security Response Team