Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2017 11:58:32 -0500
From: Rich Felker <dalias@...c.org>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: musl new-year's infrastructure resolutions

On Mon, Jan 02, 2017 at 06:39:37AM +0000, Khem Raj wrote:
> Have you considered github

My experiences with github have been a constant fight with the tools
rather than having them make things go more smoothly. I don't like the
weight of the web ui (it's very slow on all systems I access it on), I
don't like that it doesn't work properly from mobile browsers (e.g.
line-number links to source files don't work), I don't like how much
you have to click through to get to the history of a given file or to
get a link to a specific version, I don't like that it's impossible to
review large diffs in the web ui (they just timeout loading), etc. I
also don't like everything they do to make it hard to use FF pulls.

Aside from that, using github for your issue tracker seems like a big
commitment/lock-in, if you want issue history to be something stable
and permanent, since I don't see any way to import/export the data.
Whereas with conventional non-hosted-service issue trackers, you have
control of the data and can, at least in principle with a lot of
headache, extract and convert the data to a new tracker if you really
want to.

Rich