Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2017 13:23:19 -0500
From: Rich Felker <dalias@...c.org>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: musl new-year's infrastructure resolutions

On Mon, Jan 02, 2017 at 09:11:45PM +0300, Alexander Monakov wrote:
> On Mon, 2 Jan 2017, Rich Felker wrote:
> > > Have you considered github
> >
> > Aside from that, using github for your issue tracker seems like a big
> > commitment/lock-in, if you want issue history to be something stable
> > and permanent, since I don't see any way to import/export the data.
>
> I don't see why you say this; ways to work with issue data programmatically
> are documented at https://developer.github.com/v3/ (they use JSON).
>
> For example, this query gives you JSON dump of musl-cross-make issues:
>
> curl -i https://api.github.com/repos/richfelker/musl-cross-make/issues

Thanks, I wasn't aware of that. I think that makes it a lot more
plausible as a temporary solution for projects that want to move to
their own infrastructure at some point in the future, including
possibly for us, though I think we have other good leads now.

> Importing is also possible.

How do they (or rather do they) prevent you from falsifying posts by
other users in abusive ways?