Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2015 00:47:30 -0400
From: Rich Felker <dalias@...c.org>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Message localization [Was: Re: Adjustments to
 roadmap]

On Tue, Sep 01, 2015 at 11:26:55AM +0700, Рысь wrote:
> This is what I get when running musl 1.1.11 without patches (untouched):
>
> % MUSL_LOCPATH=/tmp/l LC_ALL=ru_RU ./lib/libc.so ../date
> Tue Sep  1 11:22:31 2015
>
> I attached strace output as well as compiled ru_RU data.

The mo file is broken; it looks like it was produced with the buggy
msgfmt from the sabotage repo that outputs the strings in the order
they were in the source, rather than sorting them. If you write a
perl/awk/whatever script to pre-sort them you should be able to get by
with this msgfmt; otherwise, you could use the GNU version or try the
other branch of gettext-tiny.