Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2015 11:26:55 +0700
From: Рысь <lynx@...server.ru>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Message localization [Was: Re: Adjustments to
 roadmap]

On Sun, 30 Aug 2015 15:29:53 -0400
Rich Felker <dalias@...c.org> wrote:

> > > Yes, that would be great. Can you point me back at the message
> > > with the draft? I'll take a look again and see if I can get it to
> > > work.
> > >
> > > Rich
> >
> > Here it is: http://www.openwall.com/lists/musl/2015/03/17/3 (or
> > "[musl] libintl: stubs or working functions?" Tue, 17 Mar 2015
> > 13:59:16 +0700)
> >
> > I don't remember what did not work, I just get back to it again two
> > days ago - recovered a file attached, compiled with msgfmt, set
> > environment:
> >
> > MUSL_LOCPATH=/tmp LC_ALL=ru_RU ./date
> >
> > and it still prints in English. I had at the time file ru_RU in /tmp
> > and strace confirmed musl mmaped that file.
> >
> > I attach "date.c" test program I expected to work.
> >
> > I probably messed up with msgfmt or something I do not remember now.
>
> It works fine for me. I did:
>
> $ msgfmt -o ru_RU ru_RU.po
> $ gcc date.c
> $ LC_ALL=ru_RU MUSL_LOCPATH=. ./a.out
> Вск Авг 30 15:24:44 2015
>
> Rich

This is what I get when running musl 1.1.11 without patches (untouched):

% MUSL_LOCPATH=/tmp/l LC_ALL=ru_RU ./lib/libc.so ../date
Tue Sep  1 11:22:31 2015

I attached strace output as well as compiled ru_RU data.

Download attachment "strace_locale.log" of type "application/octet-stream" (2399 bytes)

Download attachment "ru_RU" of type "application/octet-stream" (11118 bytes)