Date: Mon, 25 May 2015 21:37:41 -0400
From: Rich Felker <dalias@...c.org>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Using Musl with LLVM/Clang

On Tue, May 26, 2015 at 03:33:19AM +0200, Shiz wrote:
> There’s sadly no trivial clang wrapper script as of yet, but you can look at the ELLCC project[1],
> which distributes prebuilt musl-powered LLVM toolchains. Wrapping clang with a musl-gcc like script
> would be absolutely desirable, but I’m unsure how possible that is given clang’s apparent lack of specs files[2].

The main reason we need a specfile for gcc rather than just -nostdinc
and -nostdlib is that the latter does not suppress search of the
default library paths, just the libraries, i.e. it removes the -l's
but not the -L's. If you can find a way to remove the default -L's for
clang then it should be easy.