Date: Fri, 8 May 2015 15:49:13 -0400
From: Rich Felker <dalias@...c.org>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Missing functions for linux perf

On Fri, May 08, 2015 at 09:42:18PM +0200, Laurent Bercot wrote:

>  Hi,
>  I'm trying to compile Linux's "perf" tool with musl. Barring
> a few truckloads of warnings regarding redefined symbols in
> kernel headers, I managed to get the core source files compiled,
> but there are errors at link time - the following functions are
> undefined:
>
>  pthread_attr_setaffinity_np
>  sched_getcpu
>
>  Sure, those are glibc extensions, but would it be possible to
> have them in musl, or is there a good reason not to ?

For pthread_attr_setaffinity_np, I'd rather not since it requires
having allocated state in pthread_attr_t objects, which requires
auditing any place they're copied by value, and other headaches. The
same thing can be achieved by pthread_setattr_np after the thread
starts, so putting the affinity in the attr object just seems
gratuitously hideous.

I have no fundamental objection to sched_getcpu.